13 February 2015

Using Blogger Pages to Help Others Researching in Michigan



How many bloggers have a page on their blog with resources that will help others if they are researching the area the blogger lives in?  I think this is a great idea to include on blogs.  After all, who knows the local area better than you!

I have had a Calhoun County page, the county I live in, for a few months now.  It is a work in progress and I add resources to the page as I learn about them.  I don't have any direct ancestors who left records in Calhoun County, but in my role as President of the Calhoun County Genealogical Society I am quickly learning about county resources.

Recently, I updated the Calhoun County page and thought I would update my readers about it.  At the top of the blog page, click on Calhoun County tab and it will take you to the variety of resources I have shared.  You will find information on the following, all about researching in Calhoun County, Michigan:

  • Libraries
  • Societies
  • DAR Chapters
  • Cemeteries
  • Churches
  • Communities
  • History of the County
  • Schools
  • and more.
Although, I haven't done a lot of research in Calhoun County, I have done a lot of research in Michigan.  My eight great grandparents settled and had children in Michigan.  I decided I needed to add a Michigan page as well.  You will find that tab right next to the Calhoun County tab at the top of my blog page.

I wrote nine blog posts, in the Spring of 2014, about researching in my home state of Michigan. Clicking on the Michigan Resources tab will take you to the page of my Pure Michigan Genealogy posts.  These posts are filled with resources, tips and links to help with researching in Michigan.

Please check both pages/tabs out and learn more about why Michigan is a great place to have Ancestors from.



2 comments:

  1. My husband's McClure ancestors were in Little Traverse in the late 1800s. I'll check out your Michigan resource links. Thanks very much for making these so easily available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian, I am glad they are of use to other researchers. I enjoyed writing this post. I had to gather my various resources together and it has helped me having them all in one place.

    ReplyDelete