13 December 2013

Family Recipe Friday-Milk Chocolate Fudge

Milk Chocolate Fudge

Mix in a heavy 2 quart pan:
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1-7 ounce jar marshmallow topping
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Reduce heat to medium when bubbles appear all over the top of the mixture.  Stir for 8 minutes.

Remove from heat and add 2 cups milk chocolate chips.  Stir until melted.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 cup chopped nuts. Stir to combine.

Pour into greased 8" square pan.  Cool thoroughly.

A Christmas doesn't go by that someone in my family asks for me to make fudge. This is my go-to recipe for fudge.  I have been making this recipe since I was a teenager.  I got the recipe from my mom.  It is a recipe from Hershey's.  It is definitely a family favorite.  I have tried other recipes for fudge, but this is one I come back to year after year.  It has a smooth, creamy texture and is easy to make.

I have varied the recipe by substituting 2 cups mint chocolate chips for the milk chocolate ones.  I have added 2 Tablespoons Irish Cream Liqueur or 2 Tablespoons Raspberry Liqueur in place of the vanilla. I have made it with just about every kind of nut: walnuts, pecan, hazelnuts.  I sometimes make it without nuts.  It is a no-fail recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.


No comments:

Post a Comment