Welcome

to Journey to the Past, I'm Brenda (Glover) Leyndyke and I believe researching your family history is a fascinating journey.

Samuel Stillman Glover Death Notice-Sunday's Obituary

12 February 2012


The above clipping was sent to me by a cousin and it is hard to read.  I found a transcription of another clippping online.  The information is pretty close to what I imagine the above is saying.

GLOVER - in this city, May 30th, 1870, Samuel S. Glover, in his 73d years. Funeral will be attended from his son's residence rear of No. 38 Stillson Street, on Wednesday afternoon, at 2 o'clock.

Source:   Rochester Daily Democrat, (Rochester, New York), , p 4, 31 May 1870; Rootsweb.com, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nymonnws/1870/MAY.html.


Samuel Stillman Glover was born 11 September 1798 in Conway, Franklin, Massachusetts.  He died 30 May 1870 in Rochester, Monroe, New York, at the age of 71, not 73.


0 comments:

Post a Comment