20 April 2011

A Tribute to Mary Louise Fenn Blades: Hattie's Bible

I have been in contact with many generous people during my time of researching my family, but no one was more generous than Mary Louise Fenn Blades.  Mary Louise was the motivating force behind my receiving Hattie's Bible.  I have never felt that I would be able to repay her for her kindness.  I have written before about how much having Hattie's Bible has meant to me. 

It is with regret that I write about Mary Louise.  Mary Louise Fenn Blades passed away, 5 April 2011 at the age of 93.  She was the daughter of Warren Orlo Fenn and Elizabeth Taylor (Huggett) Fenn.  Having never met Mary Louise, I got to know her through her daughter, Carol. 

My thoughts and sympathies are with the Blades family on her passing.  I will always remember her for her generosity in enabling me to have a piece of my family history.  I have a lasting treasure that reminds me of my great grandmother, Hattie, and now, Mary Louise.  Mary Louise and I were trained as home economics teachers and I am always surprised by the coincidences in family history.  God Bless You, Mary Louise.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  They were truly blessed to have had you in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment