On the same day as I posted my blog on Catherine Wheeler, I received an email from Apple of Apple's Tree blog. Apple and I have Glover's in our family tree and connected through blogging. In an act of incredible genealogical kindness, Apple researched Catherine Wheeler. Apple discovered this about Catherine Wheeler:
- Her death certificate is mis-indexed as Cathione L Wheeler. It lists her parents as Able Ellis and Dorothy Bishop.
- 1850 Census: Coldwater, Branch, MI, page 50. Stephen Wheeler age 20 b NY. In home of Horace & Eliza A Rockwood.
- 1860 Census: Bethel, Branch, MI, page 126. Stephen L Wheeler, age 28 b NY, Painter; Martha L. age 26 b NY; Emma age 4 b MI; Albert Cummings age 26 b Canada
- 1870 Census: Mason, Vevay Twp, Ingham, MI, page 43: Josiah Tyler age 53 b NY, Physician. Catherine Tyler, age 38 b NY. Emma age 15 b MI, William age 6 b MI and Frances age 11 b NY - in that order
- 1870 Census: Blackman, Jackson, MI, page 8. Stephen Wheeler age 39 b NY, Engineer; Martha age 37 b NY; Emma age 14 b MI; Fred age 6 b MI.
- Emma A Tyler married John Branchflower, 19 Aug 1875. Jackson, MI (Michigan Marriages, 1822-1995 @FamilySearch) Says she was born 1856, Albion, Orleans Co, New York. I did not find Josiah or Catherine on the 1855 census index for Orleans Co.
- Catherine L Ellis Tyler married Stephen Wheeler 4 Nov 1875 Jackson, MI. He was born 1830, Niagara, NY. (Michigan Marriages 1822-1995 @FamilySearch)
- 1880, Rives, Jackson, MI, Stephen Wheeler, age 49 b. NY. Louisa Wheeler age 50 b. NY and Frederic Wheeler age 15 b. MI (FamilySearch 1880 census index) William Tyler not with them.
- 8 Jan 1883 death of Wm H Tyler, Jackson, Jackson, MI. Son of Josiah and Catherine Tyler. (Michigan Deaths, 1867-1897 @FamilySearch)
- 8 Jan 1884 death of Willie H Tyler, Jackson, Jackson, MI. Son of J J and Catherine Tyler. (Michigan Deaths, 1867-1897 @FamilySearch)
Thank you Apple for filling in a few holes concerning Catherine Wheeler.