30 January 2011

Marriage of William John McGee and Laura Kirby Determines My Great Grandmother's Parentage

Ancestry.com and Genealogical Research Library (Brampton, Ontario, Canada). Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1801-1926 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010.

William John McGee, age 28, married Laura Kirby, age 18, on 30 January 1900, in Thornbury, Grey, Ontario Canada. (111 years ago, today)  William is the son of Richard McGee and Sarah Jackson.  Laura is the daughter of Robert Kirby and Maggie Theakston.

William McGee is the brother of my great grandmother, Katherine McGee Watt.  I was having trouble finding Katherine's parents.  I couldn't find any birth record for her.  I decided I would research her siblings in hope of finding the information.  I found this document and had my answer to who her parents were. 

Of course, now I am stuck on who Richard McGee's parents are!    My advice on brick walls is don't overlook siblings when researching your ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment