19 November 2010

Family Recipe Friday: Broccoli and Rice Casserole

One of my family's favorite Thanksgiving recipes is Broccoli and Rice Casserole.  This easy to make dish is a delicious option for Thanksgiving dinner.  It has been known to make a repeat appearance at Christmas dinner too.  I copied this recipe from my mom before I got married, thirty years ago.  It has been around my family for awhile.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.

Broccoli and Rice Casserole

1 package chopped broccoli
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cooked rice
2T chopped onion
4T grated cheddar cheese
4T butter
Slivered almonds

Saute onions in butter until done.  Add broccoli and cook until it comes apart.  Add rice, soup and cheese.  Cover with almonds.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment