21 March 2010

Happy Anniversary

29 years ago, today, I married my husband, Kirk. Kirk and I met in January of 1980. I had recently moved to the town my parents lived in. I was unable to get a job after college graduation, and decided to substitute teach. The first day of substitute teaching, I was called minutes before school started. I arrived at the school prepared to teach fifth grade. The other fifth grade teacher was told I was a new sub who had been called with very little notice. They asked this teacher if he could help the new sub out. He says he looked in the window and said sure! The other fifth grade teacher was Kirk. We started dating shortly after that and 14 months later we married.

March 21, 1981

St. John's Lutheran Church

Palms, Sanilac, Michigan

Christmas, 2008


My Family
Kirk and I have two wonderful children, Kirsten and Travis, and
a great son-in-law, Chase.
L-R Chase Agnello-Dean, Kirsten Agnello-Dean, Kirk Leyndyke,
Brenda Leyndyke, Travis Leyndyke




7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! My husband and I will be celebrating our 28th in a few more months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the anniversary greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, Happy Belated Anniversary. You have been so helpful to me (Yates Adams articles), I want to thank you here as well. I hope you had a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, Thank you for the anniversary greeting. We had a quiet day with dinner out. You are most welcome for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice idea. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete