1. Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Indiana: My favorite library to go to. The genealogy center is huge. An added bonus is the cafe on the first floor and a wonderful staff to help you.
2. Manistee County Historical Museum, Manistee, Michigan: The surname card catalog is worth the trip alone. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
3. J.M. Longyear Research Library, Marquette, Michigan: They have a biographical card file, Chase Interviews-Interviews of over 350 Marquette county pioneers, Mining Journal newspaper issues on microfilm and much more. Rosemary was very friendly and helpful.
4. Vermont Cemetery, Chelsea, Michigan. This little cemetery located at the corner of Jerusalem and Chelsea-Manchester/M-52 Roads has an engraved stone honoring the pioneers who came from Vermont in 1832 and settled in area.
5. Helen Warner Branch of Willard Library, Battle Creek, Michigan: For a small branch they have a surprisingly decent selection of materials. They have some Michigan county histories which have been helpful and great Colonial Ancestry resources. Plus, it is just minutes from my home.